Friday, March 11, 2011

DAY 7 ~ Jaracoboa ~ Rancho Baiguate


A few words from Coach!

The day started early with a wake up call at 5:00 AM!!!  We all got into a van and traveled three hours in the mountains to El Baiguate to go white water rafting!!  As we traveled, my thoughts went to waiting with wonder on how the day would go, trusting we would all be safe and hoping for the thrill of our lives!!!  That whole process reminded me of my journey this week with the Lord----waiting on Him, trusting He would impact my heart, and hoping for God to use me however He wanted.   Waiting, trusting, and hoping---three strands all woven together to make a strong chain.  Trusting truly is the strongest strands in my opinion because trusting requires the most from us.  Waiting and hoping seems to strengthen the three strands that connect us to God.  While riding the rapids the scenery was beautiful.  Again the parallel to my walk with God seemed to fit.  In life my journey is sometimes crazy—rough, big drop-offs, and desire to get out of the raft.  But. God makes good out of hard, rough water---if we wait, trust, and hope!!!!!  This was an amazing way to finish the trip!!! 

On a side note, I so enjoyed being with all the students!!!  Great job all you parents out there---they are amazing men and women who love the Lord a lot!!!  Their hearts of service brought tears to my eyes many times---it was a joy to be apart of them.  We are getting on a plane tomorrow and going back to comfort, safety, and convenience.  It sometimes does not seem right living my life compared to those who are living their lives in the villages of Santo Domingo.  May my heart be changed where I can be mindful of thanksgiving and praise for all I have everyday.  This week has impacted me and the people have captured some of my heart!!!  Pray for the work of SCORE they are changing the DR for Christ.










These are a few words from Ashley


     Today we were all woken up at 5:00am in the morning to get on the buses to head to Jarabacoa. In Jarabacoa we were going to be taking a wild and exciting ride down the rapids up in the mountains. The scenery all around us was just absolutely beautiful. Our entire team was so pumped and ready to tackle this river. Half way through the ride we stopped to take a lunch break. One other thing that we all go to do was to take a plunge in the river off of a 30ft cliff. As I climbed the cliff I thought to myself am I really doing things right now. I got to the top and thought to myself I just need to jump and not think about it. I took that plunge in the water and I have never felt anything so cold in my life. It felt like I was back at home in INDIANA. By the end of the ride I was like I want to do this again.

     As the week has come to a close, God has really shown his love and has truly impacted my life through this trip. God has really impacted my life through the entire ministry that we have done this week. My prayer was that I would leave here knowing that God used me in every way that he wanted to. God truly used me in every way to minister and love those kids of the villages. He also showed me some gifts that I have that I never knew were possible or even in me. One last thing that God really revealed was to have trust in him through every aspect of what I do and to just know that he loves me. I am truly blessed to have the privilege to go on this trip and experience a whole new culture. I hope that I will take all that I have learned here and apply to my life back at home. Thanks to everyone for all your support. I love you all!!!!

                                                                              Ashley Miller

(1 of 3 rafts, but these are the winners!)

No comments:

Post a Comment